As noted in our name and mission statement, we are advocates for individuals residing in our community, with a special emphasis on youth. We believe that we can best reach this population by giving financial and human support, Therefore, our 2015 community outreach efforts will include two components:
1) Securing funds that will be directed towards the support of Chi Tau Omega’s Program Targets; and,
2) Offering hands-on community services within Newton and Rockdale Counties.
Three areas of concentration have been identified.
1) Ivy Prep-a college-prep program developed by Chi Tau Omega to prepare students in grades 6-12 to meet the academic and social challenges of college life. The Foundation will assume leadership for this youth initiative; and, provide ongoing mentoring and programming for these students.
2) One Million Backpacks- Through charitable giving and direct service, we will promote the learning process by providing support to students through Chi Tau Omega’s One Million Backpacks℠ Program (Target One). We will donate funding, solicit and supplies, and help distribute backpacks and related school supplies to students through our local partnerships.
3) 1908 Playgrounds – The AKA 1908 Playground Project℠, launched by Chi Tau Omega, will be supported financially and through direct service, to ensure children served by Rockdale Head Start, have safe and inviting places to play. Foundation and. Sorority members will restore and renew an existing community playground in partnership with Head Start and other child-serving agencies through the Restore, Refresh and Renew Project℠.