As noted in our name and mission statement, we are advocates for individuals residing in our community, with a special emphasis on youth. We believe that we can best reach this population by giving financial and human support, Therefore, our 2015 community outreach efforts will include two components:
1) Securing funds that will be directed towards the support of Chi Tau Omega’s Program Targets; and,
2) Offering hands-on community services within Newton and Rockdale Counties.
Two areas of concentration have been identified.
1) Ivy Prep-a college-prep program developed by Chi Tau Omega to prepare students in grades 6-12 to meet the academic and social challenges of college life. The Foundation will assume leadership for this youth initiative; and, provide ongoing mentoring and programming for these students.
2) Global Impact – we will work with the following areas:
- Soles 4 Souls – we will collect gently-worn shoes monthly to assist the Soles4Souls mission to create sustainable jobs and provide relief through the distribution of shoes around the world.
- Lions Club International – we will collect eyeglasses to prevent blindness, help restore eyesight, and improve eye health and eye care for millions of people around the world by donating the collected glasses to the local Lions Club.
- Pillowcase Project – we will use pillowcases to make dresses for little girls that will be sent to Haiti to provide clothing for children in need.